Our Founder has been pursuing the mental health awareness scope of our organization recently by honouring various invitations to join esteemed panels on various thematic discussions
Our Founder has been pursuing the mental health awareness scope of our organization recently by honoring various invitations to join esteemed panels on various thematic discussions.
1)On the 5th of August 2020, our founder honoured an invitation by the Anxiety Support and Awareness Center Trust of South Africa to be a guest therapist on their Mental Wellness WhatsApp Group where they talked about supporting mental wellness and awareness. The focus of discussion was on Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) and she contributed in demystifying and destigmatizing mental illness through her reflections. You could join their support group on Whatsapp with either of these links:
2) On the 6th August 2020 she had a talk on women’s mental health to emphasize that awareness and pro activeness are key this was hosted on the Cameroon Career Woman Awards Facebook page.
Link to video on her Youtube channel:
3) On the 8th of July, she was also a guest on the amazing platform (the Woman Experience) by a very dynamic Cameroonian in the diaspora called Goretti. She has over 5k followers and our show was viewed by 3k on Facebook and hundred so far on her YouTube channel.
She reflected on the following and how they affect our mental health
1. Healthy vs unhealthy love ( love languages etc which can lead to domestic abuse)
2. Mental stamina or absence thereof (Communication styles and crisis management styles)
3. Emotional intelligence (Self assessment)
4. Mental illness (mental health ignored, challenges set in, no coping mechanism)
5. Lessons learned; what the law states; what’s next?
a. The felon (he should be used as an example maybe? For some deterring effects)
b. The families (his family and her family…dealing and healing)
c. The Advocacy…against the multiplier/ripple effect
d. Raising our kids rights especially our sons…positive masculinity… And the girls to be more careful.
Link to the video on our Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KEm_soyH04k
She can be contacted at www.marieabanga.com
Do not suffer in silence, we are offering psycho-therapeutic support so do not hesitate to reach out to us.
Do you want to invite our founder to be a guest on your show or platform?
Do not hesitate to reach out:
Kindly email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Visit our website www.hope4abusedbattered.com
Give us a call/WhatsApp # +237672576011