Welcome: we are so excited to talk some more about us. If you want to be the hope, you have to be full of hope. That is exactly what led to our creation, the desire to #bethehope for the abused and battered in our society.
An association where those battered by life can find hope. Victims of domestic violence, mental health challenges or a mental illness; and any other life’s challenges, can find some refuge and guidance through the various challenges they face and strive to overcome. H4AB encourages compassion, self and mutual love, so that everyone can live in love and serenity with each other and in total gratitude for the gift of life, one filled with hope even after being abused and battered.
The aim of the association is to provide supporting services which promote emotional resilience to people battered by life, regardless of age, sexual orientation, race and political or religious affiliation, in their search for ways to overcome the fears and conflicts and separation that accompanies personal crisis. Hope is the greatest force and weapon that exists to keep people alive, and with love and support we can overcome any situation.
- To provide counseling and psycho-therapeutic assistance to individuals and groups;
- To raise awareness and sensitize the population on the damages caused by domestic violence, and all other forms of violence;
- To encourage a spirit of peace, love, forgiveness and living in harmony in our communities;
- To provide legal assistance to victims of domestic violence, and the battered in our communities;
- To cooperate with associations with similar objectives.
We offer psychological, legal and holistic counseling to people who have been abused and battered and now need hope. They need to be empowered in a holistic way to get back up and believe in themselves again and in their future. We hope to be able to pull the resources together which will enable us as an organization offer such hope and empowerment by Grace.
Our Core Values
Our Guiding Principles
• Human rights based and gender responsive approaches that place paramount priority on promoting, protecting and fulfilling the human rights of all women and girls, as well as strengthening institutional capacities at local and national levels to eliminate all forms of violence against women and girls, the mentally and emotionally challenged.
•Focus on specific and measurable results that make a concrete difference in lives of women and girls, persons living with, and or affected by a mental illness or mental health challenges, as well as those facing emotional difficulties.
•Holistic and multi-sectoral responses that address women and girl’s inter-related rights and needs in terms of prevention and response to violence, including safety and protection, access to health, legal, property and inheritance rights, and economic security and rights.
•Focus on marginalized groups, especially excluded or disadvantaged women and girls (such as women and girls with disabilities, and persons living with and or affected by a mental illness or mental health challenge and emotional difficulties), ensuring responsiveness to diversity.
•Coordination and partnership-building, including among government entities, civil society organizations, especially women-led and small organizations, women’s specialist service providers, End Violence Against Women (EVAW) thematic networks, organizations advocating for the rights of persons living and or affected by a mental illness or mental health challenges and fostering emotional wellness.
•Commitment to sharing knowledge by documenting, evaluating and disseminating results.
•Evidence-based programming, building on documented research, lessons learned and recommended practices, to ensure optimal results and use of resources.
Kindly contact us to find out more about us, and how you can join us make a difference